This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My Training Template

Started by Craig, November 26, 2012 · 6 Replies · 89 Views

Craig

Hi Guys,

This isn't a workout log per se, more just the basic template I use for my workouts. Please note that I do my martial arts stuff on top of this so I train every day, although I usually only get to strength stuff 3 times per week. I have 2 different days of strength stuff that I do.

Day 1

Warmup:

WRISTS/ELBOWS/SHOULDERS

10r x Wrist Pushups

10r x First Knuckle Pushups

10r x Dorsal Pushups

10r x Straight Hand Pushups

10r x Fingertip Pushups

10 x Overgrip Dislocate

10 x Undergrip (dorsal) Dislocate

10 x Wall Extension

BALANCE

5 - 10 mins of balance on narrow pipes and rails, including jumping onto and between rails

10 - 15 mins of handstand work, including working my line, free standing and/or belly to wall handstands

OTHER

60s x German Hang

30s Template x XR Support

MAIN WORK (all following appropriate template)

FL PE + Integrated Mobility

PL PE + iM

RC PE + iM

HBP PE + iM

Day 2

Warmup:

WRISTS/ELBOWS/SHOULDERS

10r x Wrist Pushups

10r x First Knuckle Pushups

10r x Dorsal Pushups

10r x Straight Hand Pushups

10r x Fingertip Pushups

10 x Overgrip Dislocate

10 x Undergrip (dorsal) Dislocate

10 x Wall Extension

BALANCE

5 - 10 mins of balance on narrow pipes and rails, including jumping onto and between rails

10 - 15mins of handstand work, including working my line, free standing and/or belly to wall handstands

OTHER

60s x German Hang

30s Template x XR Support

MAIN WORK (all following appropriate template)

SLS PE + Integrated Mobility

SL PE + iM

MN PE + iM

15 - 30 minutes of Movement work such as crawl patterns, monkey bars, climbing trees, jumping patterns, etc etc

I also randomly play with holding single front levers, back levers, side levers, planches and other more difficult movements, but its not high volume.

Let me know what you think or if you have a different approach!

Cheers,

Craig

thanners

That looks pretty similar to how I've been arranging mine, to begin with. Except with a bit more stuff.

The Wall Extensions and the the German Hang (neither of which I currently had in my workout plan) sound like a good idea.

Do you do any other warmup besides what you've listed?

Craig

I've actually been considering adding all of the SLS mobility work into my warm up just to make sure my knees are protected. As I mentioned, my martial arts training is my main training so often I use martial arts drills to warm up (I practice a series called Shi Da Pan which is an awesome warm up!), but the wrist series + shoulder work is my standard for doing strength only stuff.

Do you guys have any other warmups that might be good to try? I've got some videos of shi da pan so I might chuck them up on youtube for everyone.

thanners

The SLS mobility work every workout day? Hmm, actually, I guess if they're easy enough for you, then you can probably just fly through them anyway, and they would be good for the knees.

My own warmup is just doing joint circles from neck down to my ankles, then doing the wrist and shoulder prep. Sometimes I'll throw in some other shoulder work with a resistance band. I'd be interested in learning more about the Shi Da Pan series you use.

thanners

Thanks! I think I'll try this. Is it something you use regularly as a warmup (e.g. for almost every warmup)?

Craig

No probs! I use the Shi Da Pan as a warmup for my martial arts stuff generally, which I practice every day (or there abouts). I would guess on average I use this set 4 times per week but it can really depend what I'm working on. In the past I've used it up to twice per day every day for a while, and other times I have not used it at all and used other stuff instead. I should really do more of it. It's pretty hard to over train with this set, if you're a bit tight simply dont go quite as deep into each movement until you are warmer. The second movement usually sorts that out though :D