Nice Video From A Gym In Madrid

Started by Mats Trane, November 25, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,432 Views

Mats Trane

My Spanish is not very good but this is a nice video made in a gym in Madrid. I like the gyms in Spain they seem to have thought about letting som light in to their gyms. The gym in Mallorca where the first European seminar was held, also had alot and big windows. Anyway some good gymnastics too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivzw1glKSWc&feature=plcp

Adriano Augusto

I'm from spain and I'm proud that gymnastics is known in my country through videos like these. Normally, gymnastics in spain doesn't have many followers, because there has been no tradition about it. Here, everyone likes football, basketball, and -ball cheap sports. "take the ball and run..."

Besides, only in Madrid, Barcelona and some important cities there are special gym to do gymnastics and only for few special people. For example, on that video the gym is C.A.R (Centro de Alto Rendimiento - High Performance Center) where only gymnast can train - the average folks, if they wanted they couldn't.

In my city, Huelva, south Spain (Andalucia), and all the small cities if there are gymnastics gyms, haven't enough material or quality to perform best... and coaches only pay attention on the kids and not on adults, because we're older and, obviously without future - my experience.

The result is to buy your stuff, and train alone on the street, room or whatever, but nothing about "Special Gyms". Even there aren't a Crossfit Gym (at least good materials), just 6-8 boxes all over the country.

For all this I have a little (and healthy) envy to you guys that you have facilities with an impressive amount of stuff to train like you're in paradise - is not neccesary and essential but it helps.

In contrast, we have a big and radiant sun throughout the year and we've normally don't need Vit-D suplement :P

Bright side of life, I guess.

Best wishes from here, land of Toros, Flamenco and Fútbol.

red1392

Wow. If I went there to train I'd spend the whole time not knowing where to look. Incredible things happening in every direction.