Strained My Left Pectoral

Started by Rob Kowalski, November 21, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,833 Views

Rob Kowalski

Last night I was working on the planche (advanced tuck), and immediately after I was taking my 22 month old daughter out to the car and at one point as I was putting her in her car seat all of her weight was on my out stretched arm. When I started driving I felt a sharp pain every time that I needed to engage the muscle, and later that night I did some research and discovered it was a grade 1 sprain/tear. I still have full mobility, although with great pain at times, and I can still put weight on it, again with pain. It was also really cold outside (-10 celsius, 14 fahrenheit), which I think combined with the already tight muscle resulted in the sprain.

What I'd like to know is should I be stretching it, or avoiding stretching? avoid putting weight on it? At what point can I start using the muscle fully again?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rik de Kort

Could you please change the title of your topic? The image I had in mind was of your pectoral being completely ruptured (seperated), only to find you had a minor strain. It should heal pretty quickly. Just take some time off upper body work to let it heal.

Rob Kowalski
Rik de Kort said:

Could you please change the title of your topic? The image I had in mind was of your pectoral being completely ruptured (seperated), only to find you had a minor strain. It should heal pretty quickly. Just take some time off upper body work to let it heal.

Changed. Sorry for the misleading context, and thanks for the advice