Wrist Pushup Progressions

Started by Marc Weaver, November 19, 2012 · 6 Replies · 3,708 Views

Marc Weaver

Can I get some pointers on how I can progress to doing wrist pushups for strengthening my wrists? I can't even do them on my knees...What is the next scaled down version of the wrist pushup?

phrak

Do them on your knees but with piked hips. Start fully kneeling with your butt on your calves and slowly move the hips forward as you get stronger

Rob Kowalski

Easiest would be to do them against a wall, the taller you stand the easier it'll be. What I did mostly though was on my knees with wrists on a couch, and now I can do full wrist pushups on cement (only a couple though currently).

CraigR

I started on my knees with piked hips as described by phrak above.

An important point that hasn't been mentioned is to focus on doing these with a nice slow tempo. Don't be in a rush to progress to full wrist pushups by using quick jerky movements and bouncing out of the bottom of the pushup.

Marc Weaver

Great Help. I love this forum! Thanks guys

DanPlanche

Try Flares on the back of one wrist and one hand

Cannister

I've been working on my knees for a while and have found that if I perform them fast enough I can now do them from my feet - but if I slow them down to where there's no momentum I not only still need my knees, but need to pike my hips a lot. I've since started the full wrist routine and I think I'm developing wrist strength more globally. highly recommended.