Tuck Planche, Not Making Advancement

Started by zorgblaubaer, November 19, 2012 · 8 Replies · 1,551 Views

zorgblaubaer

Hey,

I hoped someone could watch my tuck planche video and tell me if I am doing it alright.. In the last couple of weeks I didn't really advance and I fear that I am doing it wrong..

I think I am not leaning enough, so I now started doing planche leans. Please tell me if there is something I have to change (or maybe go back to something easier?)

PS: I love the new design of the forum :)

Daniel Burnham

You got it. It's lack of strength in the lean. You should go back to doing planche leans.

zorgblaubaer

Thanks! Can I still practice the planche or should I stop until I have a decent lean? And should I do the lean with my hands backwards or on the paralletts?

Cappe

Do the leans on what you want to achieve your planche on :) If you want it on paralletts, do it on paralletts, if you want a planche on floor with hands facing backwards, do your leans like that.

Mats Trane

How many days a week do you practise them? I would recomend at least 3-4 times a week.

zorgblaubaer

I do handstand work nearly every day (and I am making very good progress there) and basics, L-Sit, Planche 2 times a week. But I wil try to do the workout more often. I also go surfing several times a week and make a short pullup+pushup+dip workout afterwards.

Michael Traynor

To me it looks far more that the problem is lack of scapular strength, your scapulae do not look fully protracted, i'd concern yourself much more with gaining strength in a full protracted scapula position.

Daniel Burnham

If you can't do planche leans well then you should drop back on direct planche work and do more leans. Hand position is personal preference but I recommend hands forward in the beginning.

zorgblaubaer

So I practiced the leans for the past few weeks, working out 4 times a week. Today I tried the tuck planche for the first time again and it really feels very different. No shaky arms anymore and it feels a lot more than leaning as opposed to lifting. To me it looks more or less the same as before in the video, but maybe some of you can tell me if I am on the right track now?

 

http://youtu.be/EYkOs_pNslM