Help - Functional Gym Training

Started by Lucas Abner, November 19, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,146 Views

Lucas Abner

Hello guys. I do not have a workout routine and i would like of some help about how i must do it... I just train some skills and i dont know how to have an adequate training for it,

Therefore, would like you to help me out to formulate a workout routine to improve the quality of my exercises, strengthen my joints, to prevent injuries

and increase my streght. Most part of gym teachers i talk dont know nothing about what i train, so i think is hard for them make a good training plan for me, because i really dont have the focus on hypertrophy and i dont know if a deadlift style training would be good for me.

Some things i already can do:

- 3/2 v-sit Press handstand with 4 kg...

-v-sit lift with 10 kg in ankle

-v-sit hold 40 seconds with 8 kg in ankle

-l-sit hold 1 min or more

-10 handstand push ups

-manna hold

What can i do on gym to improve those exercises?

Any help about it is welcome!

pinoyako

You should probably post video demos, hence "Digital Coaching", so we can make a more informed decision based on your form, which defines your level of strength.

FritsMB

I am not really qualified to give you detailed advise, so I leave it to others to do that. However, having seen your videos (great form), I suggest that you do what most people here do: start training the back lever, front lever, planche and (in your case) the press to handstand. If you don't have the book, buy it. If that is too costly, start saving for it and read up on the progressions here on this Forum that will get you started. And, of course, try to follow the WOD. I will leave it to our moderators to answer any of your detailed questions. Have fun.

Lucas Abner
pinoyako said:

You should probably post video demos, hence "Digital Coaching", so we can make a more informed decision based on your form, which defines your level of strength.

Ok... I made this video today, here is the skill that I mentioned in the topic;

I hope that those who watch this video see what I ordered on topic and try to help formulate a workout for me.

FritsMB

Very, very impressive. Also, your press to handstand, that you did not mention in your first post. Now, why don't you just go ahead and show us your front lever, back lever and planche, so we get a more complete picture of your skill level :). Also, tell us a little bit about what you would like to learn as an (amateur) gymnast. Right now, your question is far too open ended. Showing us a really good manna, v-sit and press to handstand and then asking "Please tell me what I should do next", does not add up. You obviously have done quite a bit of work to get to the level where you are. So you must have some idea of where you want to go. Now, if you have some more pointed questions about how to program for new skills that you want to learn, pose those questions and I am sure that you will get some pointers that will help you. That is how it went with your manna.

Lucas Abner

thanks.

When I say training, actually, I mean if have certain types of push ups, abdominal, exercises with weights, or whatever, and this is what i would like some help for my conditioning etc.... because a gymnast, even managing to make these skills, he continues the training of abdomninal, push up, etc for conditioning...