Faked Bent Arm Planche In Music Video?

Started by mikeg, November 14, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,834 Views

mikeg

Hi folks,

Admittedly a random first post, but I have been training gymnastics for some time now.

As I have recently been working on planches, I noticed something when watching a music video on television the other day.

It starts at 3:30. Is it just me or does this not look right? Aren't his hands not far enough back towards his hips/feet to balance him? It also doesn't look like he is straining at all. I know he would be very strong, but I don't know if he would be strong enough for the tension not to show like that. It also doesn't look as though his foot is dragging/resting on the "glass" box.

I know this is a little strange of a topic, but I thought it might be an interesting discussion!

Cheers,

Mike.

timg

he's sliding a foot down the glass

mikeg

Doesn't look like there's any pressure of either feet pushing on the glass?

Joey Frad

he is using the glass

Jon Douglas

? It's just a lower into elbow lever, toe dragging on glass to slow it down. Nothing like a planche.