Hi guys,
I'm new to gymnastics training and dieting and in terms of proper dieting im completely confused.
I do allot of training not just gymnastics and will soon be adding weight lifting to help supplement my training unless you guys think that that would be detrimental. To this end I have lost weight im under 70kg which is pretty scary to be honest but now I dont think I have enough food going in to help build muscle/strength when doing the body weight exercises im trying. Im kinda weedy looking even though i can muscle up and hold a planche for a fraction of a second.
I want to gain weight and I know I should have in that case a calorific surplus after training etc should I be looking at protein shakes to help supplement my diet?
Or have I got this all wrong? I dont know if anyone has any advice that might help out.
Cheers,