This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wod - 121112

Started by Coach Sommer, November 12, 2012 · 8 Replies · 2,646 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

6 Russian Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

8 Korean Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

12 Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, perform 2 Cast Wall Walks in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) If 2 Cast Wall Walks are too easy, you may increase the number of repetitions up to 4 or you may also substitute the most challenging STRAIGHT-ARM Press HS variation that you are capable of performing for 2 repetitions.

3) Scale the movements down as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement. This also means that if an rx’d movement is too easy, you may scale upwards as well.

4) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

Vincearoo

Tonight starts my first night of jiu jitsu classes. Only did half the WOD in order not to be gassed or weak while rolling.

Completed 2 rounds of:

2 Cast Wall Walks

6 Swinging Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

8 PB Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

12 XR Push ups with turn out (10+2,12)

*Notes*

Wish I had something more stable for swinging dips, I managed them, but the shakiness of my set up makes it much tougher. I was doing the first progression of them, Start the Dip at the end of backwards swing and push up while forward.

Cast Wall Walks made everything much more challenging. I figured the Dips would be the easiest part, but not so after the CWW.

I probably should have done a 3rd round, but I'd rather play it safe for tonight. We'll see how I feel.

As I adapt to jiu jitsu I will be adding in more rounds to the WOD until I'm doing them in full again.

Carmen Amara

I love this wod Coach.

M K Mossop

I'm having trouble with Korean dips with my ass/back hitting the bar behind me. It makes it very difficult to do them. Any tips to overcome this?

Jon Douglas
M K Mossop said:

I'm having trouble with Korean dips with my ass/back hitting the bar behind me. It makes it very difficult to do them. Any tips to overcome this?

This just sort of goes away as your active flexibility gets better. Requires you to push your hips forward actively, can't just push up with arms and clear it.

M K Mossop

Ok great thanks :).

Jon Douglas

Oh, and also partly getting the wrist strength to do the dips with the heel of your palm off the bar. Doing this WoD today reminded me of that.

M K Mossop

Hmm yes that would probably help... although I already feel unbalanced on there. It was my first time last time I did them though some I'm sure I'll improve.

Joey Frad

testing. sorry for all these spam posts