Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask about training for max strength versus training for max size. When it comes to training for max strength we all know about how 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps at heavy loads usually covers it, however based on what I've seen on the forum, I remember how Josh said somewhere that training your muscles everday 1-3 times a day with a couple of reps with your near max load will help train for absolute maximal strength. While on the other hand high sets (5-10) of 3 reps of your 6 rep max can usually give a good about of hypertrophy as well. I just want to know would the 3-5 reps of 3-5 sets be good enough to cover both?
Along with that another question I want to ask is TUT and its effect on hypertrophy. Here in this article by Poliquin http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Blog/tabid/130/EntryId/1567/Tip-436-Vary-Tempo-to-Gain-Muscle-Lose-Fat-Count-Tempo-to-Get-Results.aspx he mentions how higher TUT on 10 reps of a 90% 10 rep max gave the most hypertrophy. Now if TUT is done with a high load like 80 % of 5 rep max(headstand pushup for my example) , will doing it for over 30-50 seconds (the time frame for hypertrophy) give myofibrillar or sacroplasmic hyprtrophy? Will doing TUT work of 30-45 seconds with heavy loads produce more myofibrillar compared to 210 seconds of TUT with a lighter load(ex. 10 rep max)? I'm just curious what type of TUT work will maximize myofibrillar hypertrophy?
Finally I want to ask Josh, about hypertrophy regarding teens. I'm currently 16, at 5 '7 I'm around 157 or 159, I'm pretty low on body fat, and am trying to build a solid plan for future hypertrophy gains. Right now I transitioned to max strength with 3-5 reps to 3-5 sets and once I get back to mainly TUT training should I continue to do lightly loaded exercsies like pushups and squats for longgggg periods of TUT until failure or should I do things like HePSUP, one arm push ups, and weighted pistols with the 30-45 seconds window of hypertrophy? I just want to know what type of TUT training willbe the best for me. I understand that now I'm hitting a time where my body will gain the most mass so I am trying to take your advice as said in other threads and eat as if it was a chore.