Hey guys,
Can I seek your comments for this video? I'm trying to train on German hangs and TFLs.
Thanks.
Started by limbeh, November 8, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,599 Views
Hey guys,
Can I seek your comments for this video? I'm trying to train on German hangs and TFLs.
Thanks.
Well, in a german hang you're supposed to... hang. Looks like you hit the position and pulled out immediately
Tuck FL is alright. More of a 90-90 flat tuck than a ball basic tuck.
The tuck front lever is damn near flat. The german hang is as said lacking in hang. Overall you need to quiet your body down, lots of extra movement happening.
Nic Branson said:The tuck front lever is damn near flat. The german hang is as said lacking in hang. Overall you need to quiet your body down, lots of extra movement happening.
For the German hangs, I pulled out once my shoulders "crack". Is this cracking supposed to happen? And are you supposed to hang with shoulders relaxed or pulled into the socket? There was a post from Coach saying that the shoulders should be exerting against the direction of gravity, but I'm not sure how it applies to this.
Next time I'll hang there longer.
Yeah. I noticed the extra movement too. Haven't figured out a way to get rid of the shaking. Pointing toes doesn't seem to help much in this case either. What do you suggest I do?
Thanks for all the input. I'll carry on working on it.
Limbeh
limbeh said:For the German hangs, I pulled out once my shoulders "crack". Is this cracking supposed to happen? And are you supposed to hang with shoulders relaxed or pulled into the socket? There was a post from Coach saying that the shoulders should be exerting against the direction of gravity, but I'm not sure how it applies to this.
Next time I'll hang there longer.
Yeah. I noticed the extra movement too. Haven't figured out a way to get rid of the shaking. Pointing toes doesn't seem to help much in this case either. What do you suggest I do?
Thanks for all the input. I'll carry on working on it.
Limbeh
I really cant commend on the crack. I never had that happen to me. Maybe try a dislocation drill with dowel to loosen up the shoulders.
The german hang is an active hang. You will need to pull your arms into the joint. Eventually this will become easy and you will be able to relax more in the hang.
Movement usually means you aren't strong enough to control the motion. I would suggest going back to the previous progression until it is rock solid.