This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 121105

Started by Coach Sommer, November 5, 2012 · 5 Replies · 1,698 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo FL Pulls

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Tempo Dip to Tuck PL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Undergrip HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier MPPu/MPPr variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling always adjust the difficulty of the FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep. For the Dip to PL this will mean using a PL position (tuck etc) that you are capable of holding for multiple sets of 15 seconds.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 212 for the first and third FBEs. As such, for the FL Pull the breakdown of the tempo will be a 2 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a controlled 2 second descent.

6) Add weight as necessary to the any of the exercises to make them very challenging for the five repetitions.

7) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Paulo
For the Dip to PL this will mean using a PL position (tuck etc) that you are capable of holding for multiple sets of 15 seconds.

wait..what?? But we don't actually hold it for 15 sec right? I assume we do a dip then at the top of it we hold Planche for 2 secs? So these are kinda like Planche then Dip then planche at the top of the rotation? Or maybe these are more like planche pushups on rings?

Jon Douglas
Paulo said:
For the Dip to PL this will mean using a PL position (tuck etc) that you are capable of holding for multiple sets of 15 seconds.

wait..what?? But we don't actually hold it for 15 sec right? I assume we do a dip then at the top of it we hold Planche for 2 secs? So these are kinda like Planche then Dip then planche at the top of the rotation? Or maybe these are more like planche pushups on rings?

This time, Coach actually says;

5) Use a tempo of 212 for the first and third FBEs. As such, for the FL Pull the breakdown of the tempo will be a 2 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a controlled 2 second descent.

I read that as 'Today, you are doing an embedded 15 sec Lsit AND and embedded 15 sec PL, and here is the embedding I want you to do on the latter. ' Particularly since I haven't seen that wording before, I'm inclined to think it's something new and originally typed rather than a cut-and-paste mistype.

I'm going to roll with that, although it will probably mean going down to tuck PL over so many sets. Cool.

Paulo

My interpretation of the WOD:

qDygo_HGPJI

Got this done on my lunch break in the basement of my work office :P Completed all 3 rounds.

Jon Douglas
Zach Armijo said:
I would do the dip to pl as a standard 3sec static per rep as is the case in l sit press to pl. so you will be doing 15s total per set of dip to pl, and 45s total of the 3 sets. So I guess I would use a modified tempo of 232 for the dip to pl. 2s dip ascending, 3s static pl, 2s descending back to dip. That's how I would do it :P

That sounds probably more reasonable.

STILL!

Paulo

well that's what I was tryin' to do, planche on rings are tough :?