how to fix straddle pancake

Started by Antonio Boyer, November 4, 2012 · 13 Replies · 6,236 Views

Antonio Boyer

I can touch my chest to the ground but my back is curved. I want to be able to get my chest and stomach to the ground with a straight back. The same thing happens when i try the pike stretch, I cant fully do it because my back prevents me from going lower

Josh Schmitter

A little short on time, but there's a lot of good stuff in these posts if ya sift through them. Most are only a page.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... 710&hilit=

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... =17&t=3441

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1126

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2121

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=7471

Antonio Boyer

these look really interesting, thank you.

Craig Mallett

Tonio,

If you haven't been to a seminar and done the Kit Laughlin stretch therapy bit, there is a part in here that is exactly what you need.

The basic idea is that the Gracilis tends to become bound to the adductor and needs to be physically separated. While bound, it creates a lot of tension through the hips that then makes the lower back tense. The method of separating is a little tricky and so probably needs to be shown in person. It's also a really strange feeling, not quite painful but very awkward! I thought Kit had a video of it but couldn't find it.

Those who have seen Kit do this can attest to the results: there was a guy at the seminar here who went from much higher than you to totally flat in about 5 minutes.

Basically you need to get yourself to a GB seminar or one of Kit's seminars

Joshua Naterman

Wow, that's crazy! I heard Kit's stuff was good but man... that's pretty unreal! Very exciting stuff for me to hear: I can only dream that I achieve that kind of success!

Antonio Boyer

that would be really cool to fix it in 5 minutes. I feel like my flexibility hasn't improved in the last 2 months and i've just been stuck at this point. I would love to be able to attend a GB seminar, maybe in the future ill have that opportunity.

Craig Mallett

I'm heading to Kit's facility tonight so I might see if we can film it for you. Not sure if he's back from overseas yet though :S

Craig Mallett

Josh: Kit's stuff is awesome. I've seen crazy increases in flexibility and only attended one semester of his classes. Have you been able to attend one of the seminars with his module in it?

Antonio Boyer

if you could I would really appreciate it!

Joshua Naterman
Craig said:
Josh: Kit's stuff is awesome. I've seen crazy increases in flexibility and only attended one semester of his classes. Have you been able to attend one of the seminars with his module in it?

No, I was pretty disappointed that I missed them. I have had the opportunity to do the dowel shoulder stretch with a partner and it was interesting because at the time it didn't feel like much but then the next day things just felt good. Of course, in my case the major issue with my shoulders is muscle control since I can do exlocates and inlocates fairly easily, but that was really interesting to me because there was a noticeable difference in how the shoulder felt the next day, and I'd say it lasted for a while.

I am hoping that this May he will be there because I want to attend that module.

Craig Mallett

Sorry Tonio, Kit isn't back yet so I was unable to film this last night. I think he's back in 2 weeks (just in time for the Oz seminar...alright!) so I'll talk to him about it then.

Antonio Boyer

ok sounds good thank you!

raja

Is this it?

Craig
raja said:

Is this it?

Nope, it may help a little but that's not targeting the specific problem mentioned in the OPs post. these are however super awesome for what they are targeted at which is increasing side splits.