This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Calisthenic/gymnastic training log

Started by Cappe, November 2, 2012 · 9 Replies · 330 Views

Cappe

Statistics:

Age: 15

Weight: 61 kg

Length: 1.77 m

Strength stats (note that my form sucks on some exercises and I'm working on fixing it!):

L-sit: 38s hold on floor, straight legs

Tuck planche on pushup bars: about 20s without protracted shoulders :( I'm working on it

Adv. tuck front lever, rings: 15s

Adv. tuck back lever, rings: 26s

Ring support hold: 3 x 30s no problem

Wall handstand (just started stomach against wall): like 20s max with hands about 5" away from the wall, not sure about form.

Pull-ups: 11 reps

Ring muscle ups: 2 reps

I'm just going to start this program, I'd love some comments on how to improve it! :)

Exercise sets x reps / rest

A1. A2 means superset

Workout A

FSP

Adv. Tuck front lever (rings) 7 x 8s

Planche leans aiming for 3 x 30s

Adv. Tuck back lever (rings) 4 x 13s

FBE

Pistol squats - 3 x 5 / 75s

Glute-Ham raises bent hips - 3 x 8 / 60s

Ankle jumps - 3 x 15 / 45s

A1. Ring dips - 5x5 supersetted with chinups

A2. Chin-ups 5x5 weighted

Hanging leg raises - 3 x 5 / 60s

Workout B

FSP

Adv. Tuck front lever (rings) 7 x 8s

Tuck planche (pushup handles) 6 x 9s

Adv. Tuck back lever (rings) 4 x 13s

FBE

Bulgarian split squat - 3 x 8 / 30s+60s

Single leg hip thrust - 3 x 8 / 60s

Ankle jumps - 3 x 15 / 45s

A1. Pseudo planche pushups - 5 x 5 / 60s superset with inverted rows

A2. Inverted rows 5 x 5-12 / 60s

Hanging leg raises - 3 x 5 / 60s

Workout C

FSP

Adv. Tuck front lever (rings) 7 x 8s

Planche leans aiming for 3 x 30s

Adv. Tuck back lever (rings) 4 x 13s

FBE

Deadlifts - 3 x 5 / 90s

Single leg calf raises - 3 x 8 / 45s

A1. Pike press feet elevated - 5 x 5-8 / 60s

A2. Weighted pull-ups 5 x 5 / 60s

Hanging leg raises - 3 x max / 60s

On the days between the workouts

L-sit 3 x 19s / 60s

Wall Handstand stomach against wall 4 x 15s / 60s

Support holds rings 3 x 30s / 30-45s

I don't know if I should add anything else here like FBE or another FSP?

Goals:

Front lever

Back lever

Planche

Freestanding handstand pushups

Muscle up (slow without kip) both on bar and rings

Cappe

2/11

Off day work

L-sit

3 x 19s

Handstand, stomach against wall

15s, 15s, 20s very hard!

Support hold rings

3 x 30s

Hollow body hold

60s

Arch hold

60s

Wall slides 2 x 10, I really have to work on my stiff shoulders!

Good workout!

Tried Wall HS stomach against wall for the first time, hands were like 5" away from the wall and it was very hard!

Also I tried hollow and arch hold just to make sure I could hold them for 1 min, because that's what's req. to start levers I found out today :wink:

Cappe

3/11

Football match, won with 8-2

Played nearly the whole game of 2 x 40min

Workout C

FSP

Adv. Tuck front lever (rings)

7 x 8s

Planche leans on floor, fingers pointing 45° backwards

3 x 20s

Adv. Tuck back lever (rings)

4 x 13s

FBE

Deadlifts - 3 x 5 / 90s

85 kg, 5, 5, 5 my back felt like it was rounded, but when I filmed, it wasn't, strange...

Single leg calf raises - 3 x 8 / 45s

16 kg, 8, 8, 8

A1. Partial rep HeSPU's, around half of the ROM

8 pike press pushups first, 4 (about max), 3, 3, 3

A2. Weighted pullups 5 x 5 / 60s

4 kg added, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Hanging leg raises - 3 x max / 60s

5, 4, 3 legs fully straight, full ROM

Good workout!

I tried partial reps HeSPU and they felt awesome! I must continue with them! Will work on half rep until I reach 5 x 5 half reps, then I'm increasing to 2/3 of the ROM I think.

Pull-ups: Not to failure, maybe the absolutely last rep was a bit slow but I don't think it matters, 5 kg next week!

HLR: Awesome! Felt absolutely great in my core

Cappe

4/11

L-sit 3 x 19s / 60s

19s, 19s, 19s

HS stomach against wall, wrists 4-6" away from wall

3 or 4 x 15s

Ring Support hold

3 x 30s

Cappe

6/11

Upper body workout

A1. Hollow body hold - 3 x 60s

60s, 60s, 60s

A2. Arch body hold - 3 x 60s / 60s

60s, 60s, 60s

B. Adv. tuck front lever - 3-4 x 8s

7 x 8s

C. Planche leans - 3 x 20 secs

6 and 1/3 planks away from wall 20s, 20s, 20s

D. L-sit chin-ups - 5 x 5 / 60s

4, 3, 3 they sucked really bad, didn't even work lats at all IMO, only core...

E. PPP - 5 x 5 / 60s

6 and 2/3 planks away from wall 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

F. Pull-ups

5 kg, 5, 5, 4 (avoided slow rep)

G. Russian dips progression, half back lean

3, 3, 3

Good workout!

L-sit chin-ups sucked really bad, I won't be able to make any pull-up rep progress by doing those, so I will focus on weighted pull-ups instead.

Cappe

8/11

Lower body workout + BL and HS training

A. L-sit

19s, 19s, 19s

B. German hang on a single bar

30s, 30s, 30s

C. HS, stomach against to wall - 4 x 15s / 60s

15s, 15s, 15s, 15s

D. Single leg squats

5 unweighted, 10 kg added, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

E. GHR (bent hips)

5, 5, 5, 5, 5

F. Single leg ankle jumps - 3 x 15 each leg / 45s

15, 15, 15

G. Hanging leg raises

5, 3, 3

Good workout!

Finished with:

Wall slides/wall extensions:

5, 10, 10

Doorway chest stretch:

2 sets

Lat stretch:

2 sets

Broomstick shoulder stretch:

2 sets each arm

Cappe

9/11

Extra workout, variety:

Ring strength serie one time:

Muscle up -> Support hold --> L-sit -> Support hold -> Backward roll -> Pike hang -> German hang -> Inverted hang -> Flat tuck back lever -> Inverted hang -> Adv. tuck front lever -> Normal hang and the end.

Ring muscle ups:

2, 1, 1

A1. Inverted rows feet elevated to ring height

6, 5, 5, 5

A2. Partial HeSPU reps (half) - 5 x 3-5 /60s

3, 3 (last rep, I lost my balance while pressing up), 3, 3

Good!

Cappe

10/11

Upper body workout

A1. Hollow body hold

60s, 60s, 60s

A2. Arch body hold

60s, 60s, 60s

B. Adv. tuck front lever in rings

10 sets x 8 seconds

C. Planche leans on floor

20s, 20s, 20s, 20s 6 and 1/3 planks from wall

D1. Weighted pull-ups

5 kg, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (only 4 good, last one was slow at the top)

D2. PPP

5, 5, 5, 5, 5 6 and 2/3 planks away from wall

E1. Explosive chin-ups

5, 5 then I did 3, 2 fat bar pull-ups

E2. Russian dips full ROM!

3 (half ROM), 3 (full ROM), 3 (Full ROM)

2 x 10 knee wrist pushups

2 x 10 wall slides

2 x 7 another wrist pushup variation

2 x 7 Back bridges

Good workout with much volume! Love it :D

Cappe

11/11

Lower body workout!

A. L-sit

19s, 19s, 19s

B. German hang on a bar

30s, 30s, 30s

C. HS, stomach against to wall

15s, 15s, 15s, 15s

D. Deadlifts

65 kg, 3, 3

87 kg, 5, 5, 5

105 kg mixed grip, 1

85 kg 1 rep with a 10-15s hold at top

E. Hip thrust

17 kg, 8, 8, 8

F. Bulgarian split squats

34 kg, 8, 8, 8

G. Single leg calf raises weighted - 3 x 12 reps / 45s

17 kg, 12, 12, 12

Finished with a good lower body stretching routine. Hams were really flexible after that!

Awesome workout!

Cappe

13/11

In the morning, max pull-up attempt with good form, 11 as usuall.

Upper body workout

A1. Hollow body hold

60s, 60s, 60s

A2. Arch body hold

60s, 60s, 60s

B. Adv. tuck front lever in rings

7 x 8s

C. Planche leans on floor - 3 x 20 secs

20s, 20s, 20s 6 and 1/3 planks away

D1. Inverted rows - 5 x 5-12 / 60s

10, 8, 7, 5, 5 I wasn't sure if I pulled high enough, tried to touch upper abs/lower chest with my hands...

D2. PPP - 5 x 5 / 60s

5, 5, 5, 5, 5 6 and 2/3 planks away

E1. Pull-ups - 3 x 5 / 60s

5, 5, 5

E2. Russian dips half reps, stop while leaning back about halfway - 3 x 3 / 60s

1 full ROM (slipped on sec rep) + 2 half, 5 half ROM, 3 full ROM

Wrist and finger strength, superset:

A1. Fingertip pushups

10, 10

A2. Wrist pushups on knees with bent hips, I really suck at these!

10, 10

A3. "Palm of hand pushups" on knees

10, 10

Stretching:

A1. Wall slides/extensions:

10, 10

A2. Chest doorway stretch both pecs at the same time smiley.gif

20-30s, 20-30s

Really good workout!