Scapular position during top hold OAC

Started by LIE, November 1, 2012 · 4 Replies · 5,614 Views

LIE

Recently I notice in YouTube people doing OAC while they on the top position, it seems to that the scapular is depressed and......protracted....keep the latisimus and serratus active

I can hold 8s in this state

And I've been experiment my self with scapular depressed and a lil bit retracted, this way I feel more on my bisep, I can hold 5s

Just want to know how u guys doing it...thanx before 4 ur sharing

Coach Sommer
Cufonggbu said:
,,, Recently I notice in YouTube people doing OAC ... while they on the top position, it seems to that the scapular is depressed and protracted....keep the latisimus and serratus active ... And I've been experiment my self with scapular depressed and a lil bit retracted, this way I feel more on my bicep ...

Depressed and protracted.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

LIE

Thank you coach Sommer, for the fast respond

Matus Michalicka
Coach Sommer said:
Cufonggbu said:
,,, Recently I notice in YouTube people doing OAC ... while they on the top position, it seems to that the scapular is depressed and protracted....keep the latisimus and serratus active ... And I've been experiment my self with scapular depressed and a lil bit retracted, this way I feel more on my bicep ...

Depressed and protracted.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Does this apply to regular pull ups as well? bit confused I always kept my scapula depressed and retracted..

Brian Li
spyro7800 said:
Coach Sommer said:
Cufonggbu said:
,,, Recently I notice in YouTube people doing OAC ... while they on the top position, it seems to that the scapular is depressed and protracted....keep the latisimus and serratus active ... And I've been experiment my self with scapular depressed and a lil bit retracted, this way I feel more on my bicep ...

Depressed and protracted.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Does this apply to regular pull ups as well? bit confused I always kept my scapula depressed and retracted..

No, you should retract and depress for regular pull-ups unless you're doing it to muscle-up. Narrow grip pull-ups are also protracted like OACs because of the inward angle the arms make which do not allow full retraction.