Strength on Scapulas

Started by Jordi Van Gelder, October 31, 2012 · 5 Replies · 5,466 Views

Jordi Van Gelder

Hello,

I really don't feel any progress on my damn planches, Maybe can hold 10 seconds tuck planche, but my main problem is that i cannot lift my hips, i can lean my shoulder but my hips don't lifts. Also cannot do any press to handstad, for that same reason. There is any specific training for strength on scapula?

Thank you,

Regards.

Daniel Burnham

Post a video for analysis.

Baldux

Work a lot on planche leans and pseudo planche pushup. Normal planche pushup are useful if you do them with proper form, with a isometric in high position and another in low position, do them everytime with scapular protraction.

I have the same problem, so I can't move from advanced tuck to straddle, I have weak protraction.

I think that conditioning exercise, like planche leans, give better results when done with long time isometric and more than 60" total, like doing 5x20".

Jordi Van Gelder

Today i tried some malteses with forearm support. My hands were at hips level, in the center of gravity, but my back and legs again went down. This for sure its for weak scapulas, don't you think?

B1214N

It could also mean insufficient shoulder girdle strength and chest strength or lower back strength.