Hey guys,
This might end up being long so I will cut to the chase and then explain. I have a story about how I pulled my rib cage muscles and I am still suffering from it. Any suggestions?
Here is the background:
I have been doing high tension exercises for about 3 years now. I started with body building style routines way back in my teens and then discovered high sets/ low reps. Did the 5x5 thing for a long time and then got into body weight training mixed with kettlebells. After I got my first pullup I started doing them GTG style and did my OAPU and pistols in my 5x5.
Fast forward to a few months ago. I noticed that all my exercises loaded up my lats. I was doing L-sits one day and noticed that my serratus muscles had gotten quite developed as well. I started to employ the "collective minute" volume technique to my L-sits and got away from leg lifts for a bit. Fast forward to a few weeks after this, I started doing heavy kettlebell work (specifically OH presses with a 70lb) for high set low rep scheme. I had made a routine layout and was trying to reach certain goals (max pullup, pistol and dip) and at that point so I know my stress level must have been pretty high. I always warmed up with light dynamic flexibility work for about 20 minutes and closed with 20 minutes of static flexibility when I remembered to (or had the time). Anyway, I was always taught to fire my lats when doing OH work and I always tense as much as I can to train for max tension and strength. My problem is that my lower lat or serratus or external oblique is constantly tight (in this one tiny spot) but it gets aggravated often. I have tried taking a week off (and I even took a week and a half off and felt like a lazy boy
) and I message it when it gets really bad.
Anyone else share a similar story/problem?
Sorry if this has already been covered and I missed it. Thanks for any comments!