Introducing Planche work to my routine

Started by Gavin Strelitz, October 31, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,010 Views

Gavin Strelitz

Hi all,

I am looking to start some planche work in my next cycle, which begins in two weeks time. I have a couple of questions though:

1. If I intend to add rope climbs twice a week and will advance my other static progressions (FL, BL, L-sit) after my testing results, is this maybe too much of a volume increase?

2. If I do start PL work, should I start with PL Leans or Frog Stand or mix of both?

Thanks in advance

tcorgat
Gavin S said:
1. If I intend to add rope climbs twice a week and will advance my other static progressions (FL, BL, L-sit) after my testing results, is this maybe too much of a volume increase?

I don't think it will be too much. Give it a try and see how it feels for you.

Gavin S said:

2. If I do start PL work, should I start with PL Leans or Frog Stand or mix of both?

I say mix them up. Planche leans as a warmup and afterwards do the frog stands.

Cole Dano

Emphasis on the PL Leans.

Your elbows will tell the story with the rope climbs.

Gavin Strelitz

Great, thanks. I'll start with Leans twice a week and see how my elbows hold up with the extra rope climbs.