Wide grip MU´s

Started by Joshua Chan, October 27, 2012 · 7 Replies · 4,819 Views

Joshua Chan

Hello

I decided to record some muscle ups at the end of my morning training, mainly to post it on the forum for some critique or advice.

VWCNS3Hv_SA

Brian Li

They look very good and it looks like you had little or no forward lean past vertical. How difficult is the wide no lean MU anyways and can you also do slow MUs without a false grip?

Piotr Ochocki

Go all the way down.

Apart of that, looks strong, nice.

Joshua Chan
B1214N said:
They look very good and it looks like you had little or no forward lean past vertical. How difficult is the wide no lean MU anyways and can you also do slow MUs without a false grip?

I´d say twice as hard as a regular elbows in MU. I can do MU without false grip but I usually do them really fast so I´m not sure if I can do them slow, they are not part of my regular GST workout but thats how I get into support if I have to train a skill form there.

I´ll try one on monday and let you know

-Chan

Joshua Slocum

The only major critique I have is that you're going pretty fast: it looks like you're using momentum to get through the hard part (transitioning from hands under the rings to hands over the rings).

Karri Kytömaa

Also as Coach so many times emphasizes in the book, remember to lockout to support between each rep 8)

Looks awesome though, makes me want to train... actually I'm gonna do just that! :lol:

Joshua Chan
Flameous said:
Also as Coach so many times emphasizes in the book, remember to lockout to support between each rep

Looks awesome though, makes me want to train... actually I'm gonna do just that!

jfslocum said:
The only major critique I have is that you're going pretty fast: it looks like you're using momentum to get through the hard part (transitioning from hands under the rings to hands over the rings).

Thanks for the critique, I´ll record another set on friday. I´ll do them as slowly as possible and with full lock at the bottom and top.

Joshua Slocum
Also as Coach so many times emphasizes in the book, remember to lockout to support between each rep

Looks awesome though, makes me want to train... actually I'm gonna do just that!

The only major critique I have is that you're going pretty fast: it looks like you're using momentum to get through the hard part (transitioning from hands under the rings to hands over the rings).

Thanks for the critique, I´ll record another set on friday. I´ll do them as slowly as possible and with full lock at the bottom and top.

Also note that the fact you can do them at all, even with momentum, means that you've developed a fantastic amount of strength, so good job! B)