Cast Wall Walks: that last foot...

Started by Aaron Griffin, October 26, 2012 · 3 Replies · 4,547 Views

Aaron Griffin

When doing cast wall walks at home (read: wearing socks so I don't muck up the walls), I have a hard time covering that last bit of ROM when the body gets roughly horizontal. Either I have to stop myself before hitting horizontal and ascend again, or I slide rapidly down the wall.

How does one effectively defeat this? I worry that too much backwards pressure (to keep friction on my feet) might detract from the exercise.

Coach Sommer

When you get stronger allow yourself to descend fully, until that time restrict the depth of your descent as necessary to maintain control.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Aaron Griffin
Coach Sommer said:
When you get stronger allow yourself to descend fully, until that time restrict the depth of your descent as necessary to maintain control.

Thanks Coach! So it appears this isn't at all what I expected (related to friction/backwards pressure), but it simply a weakness in a certain position.

Nic Branson

As you get closer to being horizontal it begins to be more like a foot supported wall planche if you will. Keep that in mind.