This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rows

Started by Craig Mallett, October 25, 2012 · 4 Replies · 89 Views

Craig Mallett

Hi Guys,

I was just looking over my notes and realized that I might have been doing PE1 for RC a little more than I should have. My notes have written 5 x 5r, but for some reason my brain told me it was meant to be 5 x 15r so I went with that template over the first 12 weeks.

Can anyone confirm what the actual reps for PE1 RC are?

Robert Del Popolo

5*5 Xr Rows are what my notes say

Coach Sommer

5x5r when it is your primary focus exercise.

The issue may have arisen from a confusion regarding the difference between work sets and warmup sets. The repetitions will range quite a bit higher (21 or 15 or 9) if a particular exercise is being used for warmup purposes. Warmup needs are highly individualized and will vary from 1-3 sets; hence the range of repetitions.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Craig Mallett

Thanks Coach. Just did my week 11 PEs and changed from 5 x 15r to 5 x 5r. I was struggling to keep form with 5 x 15r, and was thinking I had to repeat PE1 again, but with the correct rep range, I can do it with perfect form for all 5 sets. Time to tackle PE2 (after my week 12 wind down that is :))!

Cole Dano
Coach Sommer said:

The issue may have arisen from a confusion regarding the difference between work sets and warmup sets. The repetitions will range quite a bit higher (21 or 15 or 9) if a particular exercise is being used for warmup purposes. Warmup needs are highly individualised and will vary from 1-3 sets; hence the range of repetitions.

Interesting choice of numbers Coach. Is there a reason you use ) 9/15/21 vs a more standard multiples of 10 - 10/15/20 ?