For a year or so I have been on again off again with my strength work outs. For some reason it just now hit me that my number one weakness (ha) is a severely atrophied and weakened left shoulder. I mean I knew the shoulder was weak, but it just came to me to fix it before moving on to a more complete workout plan.
My entire shoulder area and all the muscles are about one tenth the size and strength of my good shoulder do to a motocross accident that broke/dislocated/separated/tore numerous parts of my shoulder. There is also some nerve damage as i still have zero surface feeling in my deltoid area and around towards me shoulder blade.
Other than some effects of the lack of strength and flexibility my shoulder does basically work correctly. So, I would like to spend at least a few months working out nothing but this one shoulder to see if it will respond. Maybe by getting myself back into balance I will be better suited to starting fresh with a whole body work out plan later on.
There are plenty of shoulder exercises that I have found on this site, what I am curious to know is how recovery will differ if I am only working one muscle group and even then only on one side of the body.
Is it possible I could work the shoulder out longer harder and more frequent than say a standard leg or upper body plan would allow?
Thank you for any ideas.