strange pain in forearm

Started by Alessandro Mainente, October 22, 2012 · 6 Replies · 2,716 Views

Alessandro Mainente

have you ever suffered from forearm pain while doing handstand with hands facing forward?

i feel it when i try to counterbalance the balance with fingers and hands pronated..

also i feel it when i doing circles and flares when i put the arm down into the horse or inot the floor expecially if the elbow joint is facing forward!

no problem in every movement on the bar or on the rings, or planche etc..

thanks for your time

Alex

Coach Sommer

Possibly the beginning of forearm splints. Simplest treatment is rest followed by a reduction in workout load.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alessandro Mainente

dam, maybe i'm to much aggressive with oah work!

thanks a lot

Joshua Naterman

I agree. This is one of the few injuries that wraps can actually do real good for, especially if you are going to do some lighter sessions while you heal.

Time's the only thing that makes this go away, so I would suggest wrapping your wrists and backing off of the harder impacts with flat or open palms. Anything with a grip will help keep the bones pulled together, but the open palm will help force them apart on impact and that could be where your pain is coming from: You may be breaking down the membrane that holds the forearm bones together faster than it can heal.

Alessandro Mainente

nice explanation! i hope to heal in time for the helsinki seminar!

Daniel Burnham

Im having the forearm splint pain as well.  Ive reduced work load and they go away but then as I try to gradually bring back more work they just come back.  Any rehab techniques that I could use?  I regularly wrap them for pommel and p-bar work.  I've done dedicated forearm work like the weight with the roller.  Anything you guys can think of would be great!  

menging

Rice buckeT = good stuff!