bodyweight external rotation exercises?

Started by Chris Edgar, October 22, 2012 · 4 Replies · 6,330 Views

Chris Edgar

I've been getting a bit of shoulder pain recently and I think it's because I've outgrown my band external rotation exercises, whilst still getting stronger with internal rotation.

I currently don't have access to weights, other than my 30lb kettlebell...

So I was wondering if there is anything you guys can think of that I can do with my bodyweight?

My imagination seems to be lacking...

Cheers!

Chris.

Brian Li

I think manna/V-sit work, Bulgarian rows, and reverse ring flys will help strengthen your external rotators even though you aren't external rotating in those exercises. Remember to retract for all those exercises.

Azure

You can do facepulls with the rings. Hold your rings lean back and do a face pull. It's fairly easy to increase the difficulty by just leaning back more and increasing the angle of your body lean. You get external rotation and retraction with this.

Alessandro Mainente

i've discovered and exercise just for a chance...so i know from my certification courses the efficiency of side lifts for the shoulders with hips at 90° exèecially for teres minor and other cuff muscles...

so apply this on the rings..

stay in the position of elevated rows so that your body is parallel to the ground or to make it easier the feet must be lower than the shoulders, now try to open your arms on the side without bend them opening your chest up(simply is an elevated rows with extended arms)...and feel how your extrarotator muscles work!

Brian Li
alex87 said:
i've discovered and exercise just for a chance...so i know from my certification courses the efficiency of side lifts for the shoulders with hips at 90° exèecially for teres minor and other cuff muscles...

so apply this on the rings..

stay in the position of elevated rows so that your body is parallel to the ground or to make it easier the feet must be lower than the shoulders, now try to open your arms on the side without bend them opening your chest up(simply is an elevated rows with extended arms)...and feel how your extrarotator muscles work!

Is this like a reverse ring fly?