I bought my gymnastic rings a week ago and have been training around an hour and a half every other day. Today my hand has started hurting, only on the right hand though. It seems to be a nerve pain starting from the bottom left of my palm and spreading up towards the inside of my forearm. I have been practicing all sorts of workouts however I have also started trying muscles ups within the last two days. I can muscle up on normal bar so I thought I'd give it a go. I watched some tutorials on YouTube and realised the ring holding technique for a muscle up is different, could this be the reason for my hand hurting? The fact that I'm not used to holding that way, and the body weight forcing down onto that specific point of my wrist? Is this normal amongst beginner ring gymnasts?
Thanks ![]()