The Book Depository?

Started by Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino, October 18, 2012 · 6 Replies · 4,325 Views

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Well, i have read that is a great site in which we can find a great amount of books of different topics..

I'm from Mexico, and i'd really like to purchase some books that are only available in usa or another countries.

I have seen that the delivery is free, and that sounds a little suspicious (sorry , is the first time i'll buy something internationally)

I'd like to know i someone here has bought a book from that site and would recommend the service....

thanks in advice =)

Adam Bodestyne

I have purchased multiple books (five books over two orders, from June and September of this year) from The Book Depository, and have had zero issues with them so far, for what it's worth.

Cole Dano

I been recommending Book Depository for a while. If you are outside the US or UK it's going to be your best bet. Free postage and a nifty book mark, can't beat that.

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino
thanners said:
I have purchased multiple books (five books over two orders, from June and September of this year) from The Book Depository, and have had zero issues with them so far, for what it's worth.

are you from out of uk or usa?

martinponce said:
Well, i have read that is a great site in which we can find a great amount of books of different topics..

I'm from Mexico, and i'd really like to purchase some books that are only available in usa or another countries.

I have seen that the delivery is free, and that sounds a little suspicious (sorry , is the first time i'll buy something internationally)

I'd like to know i someone here has bought a book from that site and would recommend the service....

thanks in advice =)

yuhu!!!

those are great news Cole, so let me begin to buy some books =D

thanks!

Felipe

Doesnt provide a tracking number, quite slow (1 month).

It used to be cheaper than amazon. Then amazon acquired it and now has similar prices.

rubadub
martinponce said:
I have seen that the delivery is free, and that sounds a little suspicious (sorry , is the first time i'll buy something internationally)
This is just marketing, think of it as "delivery included". Some pizza places near me have "free delivery" and a "walk in discount", so the discount amount is really the delivery charge.

They tend to send all items separately, like play.com do. This way you are effectively paying postage on each item, but since they claim "free delivery" people do not complain much (i.e. people might presume they get a discount on postage by sending one large package). The other reason for this is most items are small/cheap enough to slip through customs without fear of the buyer being charged duty and/or VAT. So this way they minimise online complaints about themselves -if they did send all your stuff in one box it would likely be caught..

I have use book depository several times and recommend them, and see very few people with reported problems.

Cole Dano

The also say they ship the items separately because they come from different warehouses globally. In any case it's cheaper for them to do this way. If it's a good deal or not really just depends on where you live.

For me, shipping costs can be quite high, so the savings is substantial.

In case ruradub was unclear, BD doesn't have any hidden shipping fee's per book, they just ship the books individually rather than as a single pkg. Which is cheaper to recipients where customs duties may be an issue due to customs minimums.

It's a legitimate company and offer.