Press HS progressions:Power Band assistance versus negatives

Started by Gavin Strelitz, October 16, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,279 Views

Gavin Strelitz

Hi all,

I am on the quest for the press handstand and am currently doing wall assisted negatives. I saw a youtube video where a guy uses resistance bands, placed around the waist, to help with the lift into the press. Do you think there is value in this method or should I continue with the wall assisted negatives, or is a mix of both best?

Cheers

Mats Trane

Work Box press handstands. Go lower with your feet as you get better.

Make sure your arms are straight at all times and that you have as little lean in your shoulders as possible.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6835#p61540

Blairbob

Ehh, sounds cute but a mixture of negatives and box press handstands is just what you need...a good handstand doesn't hurt.

Gavin Strelitz

Thanks guys.