Slow Inlocate, Wide Muscle Up

Started by Joshua Naterman, October 11, 2012 · 15 Replies · 2,904 Views

Joshua Naterman

FWpCC2j8Ceg

I think their rings are actually slightly off level, and that this is part of my crazy lean to the left. The other part is torn muscles in my lumbar spine area on the right. Quadratus lumborum is probably one of the main muscles affected, which is most likely why the awkward shape is the way it is.

I was pretty tired for that muscle up, the first one was pretty great. I didn't realize it until Daniel told me, because I asked how it was, that it was the best wide muscle up he's seen in person. There was no body lean and some shoulder rolling, and it was much smoother. I'll try to video my first one next week. I had no idea my muscle ups were so wide.

Anyhow, there they are. Critique is welcome.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Impressive demonstration of strength here... :)

How did you injure your lower back Joshua? :(

Joshua Naterman
FredInChina said:
Impressive demonstration of strength here... :)

How did you injure your lower back Joshua? :(

Being stupid and doing front squats immediately after a 20 minute hard bike ride. :facepalm:

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Josh, after watching your video, I was sitting here with my arms in the air (like you at the start of your inlocate) trying to visualize what I would have to do next. Conclusion: No way. I watched the video again to make sure that I had not missed the "Don't try this at home" warning at the end of the video. Should be there, I think.

The wide muscle up is very wide indeed. Coach says somewhere in his book that a wide muscle up starts to introduce the stress and strain of the iron cross; he forgot to mention the 101 kg body weight. I never quite understood that until I saw this video. Fantastic. Now, I am also 8' 2" too but only weigh 80 kg. So, it should be a breeze for me, right? Well, I will keep dreaming. Keep them videos coming, Josh. Very inspiring, especially for those of us who like to dream.

FREDERIC DUPONT
FritsMB said:
(...) I am also 8' 2" (...)

:shock:

Bragging eh FritsMB? :D

:D

Erik Sjolin

The inlocate was amazing. :shock:

Coach Sommer

Very nicely done slow inlocate. However on the MU ... Josh, you can do much better than that.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck
FredInChina said:
Bragging eh FritsMB?

Well, I think it is about time that I get credit for being 8' 2", just like Josh. Fortunately, somebody like Josh makes people realize how special that is.

Quick Start Test Smith
:lol:
Joshua Naterman
Coach Sommer said:
Very nicely done slow inlocate. However on the MU ... Josh, you can do much better than that.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hahaha, yes... that MU was ugly! The first one was really nice, I was actually surprised at how nice it was... I had no idea I was doing them this wide. I will try to impress you with a better one in the next few weeks! :)

Thank you for the comment on the inlocate, I am pretty happy about that! :mrgreen:

Coach Sommer
Joshua Naterman said:
yes... that MU was ugly! The first one was really nice ...

Suurree it was, Josh. :wink:

My guys at the gym try this excuse also, "I swear Coach, the one you just misssed seeing was perfect. I swear!!"

I'll give you the same answer that I give them, "Mmm Hmm. That's fascinating. Now do it again. And this time; do it right."

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman

I'm hanging my head in shame! :oops: :lol:

I knew this was coming :facepalm:

Daniel Burnham

I guess I'll just leave you hanging here josh.

I propose we do a best form muscle up contest. First butterfly automatically wins.

Joshua Naterman
Daniel Burnham said:
I guess I'll just leave you hanging here josh.

I propose we do a best form muscle up contest. First butterfly automatically wins.

Thanks buddy!

Moderator Gregor: You can't enter! We'd all be playing for second :)

Brian Li

I can't wait to see a no-lean wide MU from you Josh. We need more people putting this kind of MU on youtube. Also, very nice on that inlocate! Does the inlocate take much strength or is it mainly shoulder flexibility and also not to sound naggy or anything, but are you still going to make a video showing how to do your triceps push-up?

Joshua Naterman
B1214N said:
I can't wait to see a no-lean wide MU from you Josh. We need more people putting this kind of MU on youtube. Also, very nice on that inlocate! Does the inlocate take much strength or is it mainly shoulder flexibility and also not to sound naggy or anything, but are you still going to make a video showing how to do your triceps push-up?

Well, I think the inlocate takes a good bit of strength as well as flexibility. I already had the strength apparently. I wasn't sure how hard or easy it was but a bunch of the guys tried and couldn't do it, so apparently it takes a good bit of strength.

I will probably make the triceps push up video tomorrow, I will see how I feel and what the schedule is like.