more ring training vids

Started by John Sapinoso, November 23, 2008 · 7 Replies · 3,667 Views

John Sapinoso

had my camera and a half an hour of free time so i taped these two, they look a lot worse on camera than they did in my head haha.

Gregor

nicly done :P

Try Azarian with straight body->for me it's easier, to rotate sholder and I can push the rings down faster...

Blairbob

I'm thinking for the Nakayama, ya should tuck, straddle, one leg to actually lower down into the back lever versus bending the arms. For the MU>Cross, possibly go up higher to keep the straight arms.

Gregor
Blairbob said:
I'm thinking for the Nakayama, ya should tuck, straddle, one leg to actually lower down into the back lever versus bending the arms. For the MU>Cross, possibly go up higher to keep the straight arms.

But If you straddle or tuck it's harder, because you can not get good momentum...For Nakayama is important that you lower your shoulders much faster and try to lift legs higher than back lever, with that you can bounce with shoulders up and let the force do it for you :wink:

For MU I think it's best just to do fast transitions to cross (hold for a second) and quick bent arm and repeat 5 times and the last is maximum...

David Picó García

My advice is to turn the camara 90º :mrgreen:

shiftedShapes

impressive stuff, I think I'm just starting to get the cross but I'm afraid to tape it. I might discover the same thing you did, that it looked better in my head, lol.

sasquatch

Wow, you can do some hard stuff. :shock:

How long have you been doing gymnastics?

roman

Awesome stuff :) My only qualms are with the slightly bent elbows on the cross.. but hey, you're a lot stronger than me :mrgreen: