This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Side Lever

Started by Robert Del Popolo, October 8, 2012 · 5 Replies · 103 Views

Robert Del Popolo

I finally switched to the GymnasticsBodies type training this week,however I just realised that I am missing out on the Side Lever notes, did we even cover this in the September seminar? If we did can anybody give me one of the first preqs and mobility works so I can start doing this.

Thanks

Nic Branson

Side lever was not covered at the seminar. For now focus on the other progressions being sure to include lower back work. Arch ups, holds, rocks....

Blairbob

There is very little in my notes, but those are old.

Hanging leg wipers is a prerequisite.

As a start, learn how to just hold the upside down candle position. Get grip, swing leg and get inverted. We did a sort of progression where you get the grip and walk up the stall bars upside down.

Robert Del Popolo

Ah ok well thats good enough for now,

Thanks

Coach Sommer

Even though they are quite important, unfortunately at the last seminar we were too busy with other" basic basics" to be able to devote the time to SL that they deserve and need.

For the time being, just be sure that you master all of the lower back and oblique preparatory elements for the SL.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Robert Del Popolo

Well Ill just wait for the book and do some Oblique and Lower back stuff.

Thanks for you time