how to setup rings?

Started by Ashok Raju Kothapalli, October 7, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,149 Views

Ashok Raju Kothapalli

Hey guys I need some help I just got rings metal ones and am gonna hang them using rope(not nylon)

I want to know

what needs to be the width or separation between rings I was thinking roughly 1 metre,

Also what about the length I can't go more than 1.2 metres will that be OK what is the ideal length for a beginner

emos

I believe the rings are conventionally hung 50cm apart, but that is with a much longer draught than you will have. So you may want to set them slightly further apart, depending on what sort of things you want to do with them. The length from the "ceiling" will just affect what you can do with them - so 1.2m probably means no handstands, for example. But that's OK for most people for a while.

I move my rings up and down depending on what I'm doing with them.

Cole Dano

50 cm is standard, I really wouldn't advise setting them at one meter apart.

If you can get to a hardware store and pick up some lashing straps, you will be able to adjust the height as you need. Rope is difficult to set up. It can be done. Alex in Italy has a rope set up and done very well with it. But for a beginner being able to adjust the height really comes in handy.