I personally prefer to get my lats in bands for an assisted front lever. one day I saw a video doing band assisted front lever on youtube. the video -
In the video, she puts her legs in the bands. I think that, since it is unavoidable not to use legs to press down on the bands to maintain the position, this is an inefficient way to use a band. When we take bands higher and put lats in them, we no longer use our legs to do it. You might think what about planche? Yes, We can use bands for assisted planche. But in this case, The harder we press down the bands with legs, the stronger hollow body we have. Front lever? no. I'd have a wrong core activation. Does it matter where we use bands? Isn't it a better way for beginners to use bands around the torso in early variations than do a full front lever with assisted bands?
I may be wrong here. but I want to hear your opinions. thank you forum.