how i started and what to add

Started by Ashok Raju Kothapalli, October 3, 2012 · 2 Replies · 978 Views

Ashok Raju Kothapalli

Hi everybody,

I have been looking at the forums for a while and this what I have come with and have been working on for 2 weeks

60s - plank,reverse plank, superman hold

30s- 3 sets of l sit with knees bent 90 degrees Cox I can't do it for a minute

30s - 3 sets of hollow hold Coz I can't do it in a minute

I follow this up with 5 sets of handstand 40s-50s each

My goals are to build some basic upper body strength to start with and learn some basic skills

Like handstand l sit back lever, thinking of learning some basic place progressions like frog planche etc,

So guys I need you to have a look at my routine and tell me what modifications I have to make to achieve my goals

Karri Kytömaa

Seems good, apparently you have done your homework reading these forums :D

Things you want to add are dead hang, mainly with supinated grip but it's good to work both, german hang (with feet support if can't do without) and parallel bar support. (Can do it on chairs or anything really)

You can also add some BW movements, pullups, pushups, dips and core work. After building to full min in those statics, you can move on to lever work.

Ashok Raju Kothapalli

Hey

thanks for the reply, will add whatever you told me, btw is parallel bar support really necessary since i am already doing l sit progressions?, also the dead hang and german hang are supposed to be part of the warmup right? and i forgot to add that i am doing 10 wrist pushups to end my workout