Hi everyone,
I'm very much an amateur compared to most of you guys, but I thought this would be the best place to most my question since there seem to be so many experienced gymnasts here.
I've been training calisthenics for about 9 months. I can hold a 30s L-sit on good days, but about 3/4 of the time I initially get cramp in one of my quads which causes me to stop. Sometimes even a few attempts doesn't get rid of it, other times it goes, but it is usually the limiting factor in being able to hold them for longer. I always warm-up before training, and usually do the L-sits later ni my session anyway. I've tried both dynamic and static stretches on my quads before trying them, which doesn't seem to make much difference. It happens when I try and fully lock-out (push my leg right out). I also do myofascial work most days, but that doesn't seem to have made much difference either.
I'm not sure if it's a flexibility issue or a strength issue, and I was hoping you might have some advice on how to move forward and condition myself to be able to hold for longer but also just hold them more consistently.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice you might have.