extreme pulling, but poor pushing. help!

Started by dacicsak, October 2, 2012 · 6 Replies · 3,162 Views

dacicsak

Hey everyone!

My pulling is on extreme level for me. I can do a perfect retracted front lever, i feel the burn in my whole back, rear delts, triceps abs, also chest, when i come down from front lever i feel my back could smash everything. My pulling is still being developed from front lever pullups nowadays. Its just awesome feeling! I filmed myself and at last i saw i do a great job with my front lever.

But when it comes to my pushing i feel very very weak. My back is HUGE, but really..and my chest and front shoulders not so strong and big. Especially im looking bad from the frontview...

When i came to the forum you told me to retract my scapulas during front lever. I did, and my back got huge, my front lever is stable like never before.

You also told me i should protract my scapulas during planche work,ppp, and leans. I read everything here on the forum. Every planche video. Every topic. To be honest: i know what i should do, but i dont know how!!!

its not about the looking...But i think if i would get the planche, then my chest and shoulders will get bigger also stronger. Planche is still a big dream for me. I tried to get bigger muscles with ring pushups and elevated pushups, because bigger muscles maybe can take more strength? :roll: But since i feel in my pulling that if i do 3 reps in front lever pullups i feel strong! I want to train my chest like this, so i dont want to do endless regular pushups, i would like to reach a level where i can train my pushing with 3 reps only and feel that im on a good way.

I also tried the handstand pushups as Joshua showed in his video. But i cant find the proper way to get stronger and better AT ANY PUSHING!

Is it a disease? really gentlemen! i try to solve this problem for a long time now...I just cant make it any longer...

Please tell me what the hell should i do to get my pushing as good as my pulling???!!! Just tell me, show me: i will definitely do!

Thank you very much everyone! Sorry for my english, also sorry for my mood, i just feel very depressed... :(

Blairbob

what are you capable of being able to do "push-wise?"

dacicsak
Blairbob said:
what are you capable of being able to do "push-wise?"

If i understood well the question especially the "Push-wise" word, my answer is:

-I can do 8 rings turned out dips with proper form, with no swinging and normal speed

- i can hold PB bar support easy (depressed shoulders) after 45 sec i really feel it anyway

- i can do 85% free handstand (lneed more opened shoulders), just dont feel any shoulder or trap burn

- i can do a poor tuck planche, well i am very strict on myself, so i dont call it a proper tuck planche

- 13 handstand pushups, but the only thing i feel is my triceps with stomach to wall too

maybe my main problem is that im not trying to push with my shoulders? just extend my arms..i just know i do something really wrong

I hope this is the answer for your question. If not then please ask it somehow other way. Thank you very much!

Blairbob

Simply put, do more pressing work.

I very much doubt it's one of those "I don't know how to fire my glutes. "

Some people are more inclined to be pull monsters, Cisco was like that. Is like that. Sometimes, they find they are good at pulling so that becomes a focus.

seiyafan

Can you say that pulling tends to put less stress on elbows than pushing?

Blairbob

No. Either can muss with your elbows.

Most pulling tends to call for a lot of work done by internal rotators. While the elbow can be protected in a sense, it's not as cut and dry as that.

I've had elbow issues from pulling or pushing. Doesn't matter if there is an issue with the elbow in the first place as either can aggravate it.

Nic Branson

Your push is not terrible really. Just keep plugging away and it will get there. You just have a clearer picture of your strong suit versus weak. Be glad it is not the opposite, the injury potential is increased a lot when you can push like a beats but not even do a pull up for example.