L-Sit/Seat

Started by Nathan, November 22, 2008 · 5 Replies · 3,062 Views

Nathan

Hey Guys,

I know their has been a LOT of posts on this. But I have a few questions about it myself. I would like to be able to hold a L-sit for a good fifteen to twenty seconds before Christmas. At the moment I can hold on for two to five seconds :cry: but like I said would like to get to fifteen to twenty seconds before Christmas. I would have to say I am in pretty good shape so I am pretty sure it is not a lack of strength. Anyway I am curious what do ya'll think I should do? How should I train for this? Thanks in advance and All the best!!

---Nathan

Nathan

Hey Guys,

One more quick thing. I can also hold a L-sit with me legs slightly bent (Not in a full tuck with my knee to my chest so but a little less than halfway. I hope this makes sense.) For fourteen to twenty seconds. Anyway I hope this helps. :D

---Nathan

Blairbob

Grease the groove would work or working with the 60 second volume format @50% of your max rep. That's like 25 L sit attempts per workout if that's followed. Very similar to doing GTG throughout the day.

That progression is step 2 in Coach Sommer's L sit program. Step 1 being tucked L sit. So you're right at the point to move on past step 2 towards step 3 since you can do step 3 at 3-5seconds.

Nathan

Thank you blairbob. If you don't mind could you post a link to the Coach Sommer's L-Sit program. Again Thank you.

---Nathan

Mark Weaver

Nathan,

There is a great compilation of all of Coach's essays in the Getting Started Forum. It's at the very top. Chauinc provided it for us.

mark

Nathan

Ah. Thank you mark. :D