Ive been training on the rings for almost a year now, and while I've progressed leaps in some areas, the front lever remains very difficult to pull off.
I am not able to progress further than the flat tuck without absolutely failing to keep my back flat. I've gotten a lot better on front lever rows, ice cream makers and whatnots and have been getting better and doing slow descents from inverted hangs and trying to stall at a front lever position.
But still during FSP work. I can hardly progress past the flat tuck. Currently I am doing 20 sec flat tuck x 4 sets in my fps. I tried to move onto one leg out variation but my butt either hangs too low, I'm not fully horizontal but more at an upwards angle, or my arms just give out after five to ten seconds.
I'm only worried since this progression is taking much longer than any other fsp work and I seem to be stalling. Is this normal, or should I be trying something different?