Does the MU transition increase tricep extension strength? I know it stresses the triceps tendon and the same part of the elbows stressed in tricep presses, but I'm not sure if it actually builds tricep extension strength (never felt it in the triceps themselves). I used to do overhead DB tricep extensions to increase tricep strength, but now I mostly workout at home where I don't have heavy enough DBs and I was wondering if the MU transition itself can be considered a substitute and how effective would it be if it is.
I can do slow MUs really easily as well as hold a static wide MU transition at the hardest part with an upright torso and no false grip. Before, I worked my way up to being able to single arm tricep extend 25% of my bodyweight with a DB, I don't know if I can still press as much since it has been about 5 months ago when I've last gone to the gym.
To note, triceps and biceps are the only muscles I include isolation work for and I'm trying to increase my triceps strength to match my biceps strength which is probably twice as strong as my triceps. :oops: