This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120925

Started by Coach Sommer, September 25, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,199 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 HeSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Korean Dips

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 Wheels

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets in between each of the assigned FBEs. If you do not have parallets, possible substitutions include kettlebells, dumbbells or pushup bars.

2) To perform the L-sit press to Tuck PL begin with a 3 sec L-sit and then with straight arms press up into a 3 sec Tuck PL, lower down back to the L-sit position to complete the repetition.

3) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds

4) Scale these movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

ajgregory

Session Length: 55mins

Pre-FSP's: 2x30s: [Plank; Reverse plank; Hollow hold; Arch hold; PB support; Chin up grip dead hang]

30s between holds; 2:00 between rounds

Time= 13:20

Four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL (low)

7 Box HeSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL (low)

5 PB Dips

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL (low)

3 Clapping pushups

30s between exercises. 3mins between rounds.

Time= 27:40

2x10 Wall Wrist Pushups

Stretching

- Still feeling pretty rubbish with cold/fever

- First time doing pre-FSP's in round format. Easier than sequential sets. Only did 1min worth of each hold. Will aim to increase to 1:30.

- First time doing L-sit to T.planche. A little wary as gave myself forearm splints when I last started planche work which can still be aggravated fairly easily. Gripping the bars harder seems to help as felt ok. Hips not as high as shoulders- will aim to make improvements gradually.

- Box HeSPU's not challenging enough. Maybe try HeSPU negs if rep count is high. Maybe increase ROM? I can only do 7-8 wall HeSPU's, so they are out of the question in a session like this.

- Subbed  in PB dips and clapping pushups

Generally well scaled session- the most challenging part was the L-sit+planche 'fillers'.

Paulo

Fun workout! 1st round taped while there was light:

o6uig2wjcQE

surprised I wasnt able to do even ONE legitimate Korean Dip. Maybe if I had a high Pbar to bounce off of they would have been easier :| Toe assisted was the result and sloppy :facepalm:

Note, I felt like my lsit were getting higher and higher as the rounds progress, Prob my imagination but I think I might have pointed toes to the ceiling on my 3rd round :shock: