P bar support question

Started by William Reed, September 24, 2012 · 7 Replies · 2,448 Views

William Reed

So after reading some of the other topics I realized about 2 weeks ago that I wasn't properly in the support postion on the rings. I have now been training on the rings properly but I have a question about the P bars. Should I have the bent wrist as to mimic the hand grip on the P bars as well? I've never seen anyone have bent wrists on P bars. Before I would always have a straight wrist postion on the P bars. Now I'm not sure if that has been a bad habit. Please help.

Cheers,

William

Joshua Naterman

They are different shapes and require different grips.

Blairbob

During your basic support on PB, the wrist will be flexed so it is bent. It is not neutral.

William Reed

I appreciate the help. One other problem I'm having is going from the flexed grip on the rings in the support position then reverse into the false grip. Any suggestions. I figured the easy answer is keep working it but I wanted to check.

Cheers,

William

Blairbob

While doing a muscle-up negative?

It helps to use an assist when you start these. Feet on a block or the floor or spotter or bands.

Cole Dano
Rudeskin said:
I appreciate the help. One other problem I'm having is going from the flexed grip on the rings in the support position then reverse into the false grip. Any suggestions. I figured the easy answer is keep working it but I wanted to check.

Cheers,

William

Michael Traynor just made an excellent post on this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7313&start=15#p87827

William Reed

Thanks. Looks tough. I'll give it a go.

Cheers,

William

William Reed

Wow the difference is pretty hardcore. I did't try any muscle ups today. But I did plenty of pull ups/statics on rings and different bars. Nice I'm digging it. After I get good at this, my forearms are gonna be beastly. Awesome.

Cheers,

William