Does doing lots of HS make muscular imbalances?

Started by Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino, September 23, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,144 Views

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Well, i have been asking myself this for some time..

I'm working high-volume- low intensity for HS in order to achieve a good technique, form and, just being able to perform some skills in HS.

My work schedule is organized by bodyplanes, so one of the 3/4 days i workout is dedicated to vertical pulling. But I work HS 4/5 Days in a week.

I'd like to know how could be possible to get away of muscular imbalances, how do you manage it?

Thanks in advice

Daniel Burnham

Not really. I guess it might if you were very weak, but handstand is mostly skill oriented work and doesn't require that much strength. Especially if you are doing it right.

Aaron Griffin

It can cause a little trap tightness, in my experience

Blairbob

Your vertical pulling makes up for all the inverted push work besides that it's done with more work being done than just HS work.

Proper Hand Balancing doesn't make for as much muscular imbalances such as climbing, ring work, horizontal pressing and other stuff.