My first Muscle up in rings!!!

Started by Cappe, September 22, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,565 Views

Cappe

In my homemade wood rings made of plywood and with some very cheap straps, got the straps today and I tried it and did it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... GIiW8_f-Io

Very proud of that! Now I'll just have to work a bit on the false grip hold and the transition I guess because I have problem to hang in a false grip.

Any advise to get reps of ring muscle ups because I'm loosing false grip on the way back down?

Daniel Burnham
Cappe said:
In my homemade wood rings made of plywood and with some very cheap straps, got the straps today and I tried it and did it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... GIiW8_f-Io

Very proud of that! Now I'll just have to work a bit on the false grip hold and the transition I guess because I have problem to hang in a false grip.

Any advise to get reps of ring muscle ups because I'm loosing false grip on the way back down?

flex biceps hard on the way down to slow the movement. Usually I see people basically fall down out of the muscle up and loose the false grip there.

Cappe

Ok, I'll. I was too exited to think about it haha. Anyway I really need to work on the false grip because I'm losing it on the way down.

Karri Kytömaa

I have the same problem, though I blame my slippery rings :P Should get some chalk.

Checked you statics, it seems you are not locking out your elbows in FL or L-sit.

Tuck PL and BL essentially have the same problem, your hips aren't quite up there. Though my PL isn't anywhere near that yet. Nice work!

Cappe
Flameous said:
I have the same problem, though I blame my slippery rings :P Should get some chalk.

Checked you statics, it seems you are not locking out your elbows in FL or L-sit.

Tuck PL and BL essentially have the same problem, your hips aren't quite up there. Though my PL isn't anywhere near that yet. Nice work!

Haha my rings are homemade in plywood ;)

Yeah I know that and I've fixed it on FL and L-sit. On planche now I try to protract my shoulders with the hollow body position.

And now I'm doing flat tuck back lever with completely straight back. :D