This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Yuri one week of activity

Started by yuri marmerstein, September 22, 2012 · 7 Replies · 373 Views

yuri marmerstein

So I'm pretty bad at updating these but during the September seminar I promised to log all my activity for one week after getting asked some questions about my training.

here it goes:

Friday 9/21

Morning: Two hours of handstands, focusing most of my work on the straight body one arm handstand, with a few sets of flags and a little bit of block work.

Finished with 3 sets each of FL pulls and PPP

Afternoon: played around on the rope for half hour or so before work. Tried different ways of climbing and played around with some static holds. Finished with 5x5 rope pullups

Evening/night: Some jumprope then some light manna/retraction work and a bit of hamstrings.

yuri marmerstein

work in the morning/afternoon so no daytime training.

Open gym 8-11: Took pre workout supplement/stimulant for the first time in a while. It hit me pretty hard so I did a lot more this session than normally

Tumbling, tricking, capoeira groundwork, planche, rope, one arm pulling(flags and meathooks), handstands and jumping cross pulls on rings, finished out with a couple sets of muscle-ups

going to feel it tomorrow

yuri marmerstein

easy day today

afternoon session: light upper body work, mostly mobility. Little bit of swimming

Evening: swinging on the flying trapeze

yuri marmerstein

Monday:

still a bit worn out

Morning: 1.5 hours of handstand practice

Afternoon before work: some straight arm work on the total gym

yuri marmerstein

Tuesday

Morning: 1.5 hours handstands

early afternoon: 1.5 hours contemporary dance class

Later afternoon: 1 hour straps

yuri marmerstein

Wednesday

morning: 1.5 hour handstands

afternoon 45 minutes of basic tumbling and 5x5 rope pullups

Night: jumprope for warmup,

10x1 of the series Stalder press, full rom HSPU, straddle press down to L on paralettes

10x1 each arm assisted one arm pullups

Parth Rajguru

Yuri, thanks for doing this. It's definitely an interesting mix of lots of things. Is this a typical week for you?

Did you manage to get a barbell yet? You mentioned that you were looking to get one.

yuri marmerstein

Well this was kind of an atypical week as my schedule has been weird lately. Also I did a lot of stuff that saturday I don't normally try so it left me pretty sore for the next few days after that.

This friday I went to Mr. Olympia so I am still sore from showing off all day but now I have lots of supplements.

I did not get a barbell yet but it is on my list.

My training schedule is going to change again since I will be learning a rope act to perform for a halloween festival.