Missing transition from above to below rings

Started by User24, November 21, 2008 · 3 Replies · 1,784 Views

User24

I know there must be some kind of transition that you are supposed to use, from starting above the rings to going below.

In my back lever video, I start above the rings, but very awkwardly go back down to hang, then back up to a back lever. Is there some other way, not too difficult, that is more fluid? Or would it require way more strength than I have now?

.wmv, 320x240, 1.2MB

http://www.underway.us/gymnastic/backlever.wmv

George Launchbury

Hi User24,

Were you thinking of something like this?

George.

Blairbob

That's a pretty easy way to do it and in the L5 and L6 routines. You can start doing it with bent arms to make it slower and easier. It's a bit unnerving at first, but just do them on low rings or with some matting underneath.

User24

I will try it! Thanks.