This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Paradox's Workout Log

Started by Paradox, September 19, 2012 · 1 Replies · 143 Views

Paradox

Well, I have not been keeping up with my gymnastic workouts for a very long time. In July I trained in a very haphazard manner - sort of just doing whatever I felt like doing that day. In early August, I over trained to the point of biceps and deltoid pain, thus having to take some time off. And now I'm here, writing this. Well, I'm ready to restart. I tested out all of my holds and FBE's today. I'll be following the basic GST program from the book. This is my first time properly trying to program something on my own, so hopefully it is all good:

M-T-TH-F Statics:

warm up FSP:

- arch hold

- hollow hold

- elbow lever (I'm looking to get the one arm lever some day, so this is just casual practice)

- Wall Handstand (going to start easy on my shoulders, so I will start with 4x15 seconds and build up)

- German hang

- Clutch flag holds. Found this one around the web (created by Al Kavadlo, I believe?). It feels like a real nice warm up before front lever, and i'm doing it in tuck so it shouldn't be so taxing.

FSP:

- Front Lever (adv tuck 4x5 seconds, well it used to be 4x15 adv tuck, until I realized that I had been doing them with my body level above horizontal for the past 7 months... :facepalm:)

- planche leans (4x10 seconds)

- l-sit (tucked with hips forward, 4x15)

Not sure If I want to include back levers for now. The tuck is just a joke for me (60 seconds+), but my biceps ache in the adv tuck.

FBE: I'm not so sure how to program the tempo for this since I've only ever done the WOD, but I guess I'm going to build up to 5x5 with 505 tempo before moving to the next progression.

Monday:

- pushups (currently 5x5 working to 505 tempo)

- rows (5x5 working to 505 tempo)

- pistols (4x5)

- HeS RLL (I don't have equipment to do anything else like archups. I'm working 2x2 right now)

Tuesday:

- dips (building up to 5x5)

- FL pulls (building up to 5x5 with adv tuck. I would like to do curls, but rings are not always at my disposal and the parallel bars where I workout are very wide, making for an extremely strange curling experience).

- GHR (half, 3x5)

- HLL half

Thursday:

- box HeSPU (5x5 working to 505)

- standard grip pull ups (working up to 5x5)

- pistols

- front pulls (tucked 5x2) I hardly ever did these in the past, so I'm lacking some real strength in the bottom 20 degrees.

Friday:

- chest roll to HeS

- yewkis in tuck

- GHR

- windshield wipers supine

Stretching on W, St, Su, mobility after M-T-TH-F workouts. I'm not sure why my strength deteriorated so fast, but I'm aiming to come back with 100% effort!

Paradox

I focused on trying to get better with body awareness today. Just struggling so much with aligning my front lever horizontal to the ground. I'm usually above horizontal by 15 degrees. From my eyes, it looks horizontal but I guess some funky eye perspective science mumbo-jumbo makes it not so. I've been recording every front lever set on my phone.

I think the trick is to get to where I think I'm level, and then drop down a bit more. I'm just afraid I won't be able to hold it at true horizontal! God forbid I have to go back to rounded tuck!

Everything else went pretty well. I'm surprised at how difficult holding elbow lever is. Guess I'm weaker than I'd like to think so.