This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Notes and Submitting Videos?

Started by Desiree Walker, September 16, 2012 · 19 Replies · 310 Views

Desiree Walker

My notes from the Sept. seminar have become a jumbled mess (in my head and on paper :D )..... Does anyone have some organized ones possibly typed they could share (my email is sarahdesiwalker@gmail.com)

Also I was wondering when we can start climbing the GB levels.. Think it is an awesome goal to work towards - just want to make sure I have all the info correct and want my vids in order - and easy to critique.

Thanks y'all -

(sure wish I had some training GBs around this morning....it's some rebounding, hand balancing, dynamic single bar work - FuN!)

Nic Branson

Likely a few more weeks for the videos. There will be an update when everything is in place to start.

For the notes, I have not put mine on the computer as of yet sorry Desi.

Scott Malin

If you are ready now, we can arrange for you to test. However, you won't get the title until the new forums roll out. We're nearly there, just waiting on a couple other projects to clear before going live. :)

Desiree Walker

Thanks Cory and Nic!

Not ready to test yet - but may start putting some clips together next weekend and have them ready to send when it's official - looking forward to it!

Robert Del Popolo

Excuse me but would it be possible for you to email me the notes too? My email is robertdelpopolo@gmail.com

And on a side note, does anybody know Carmen Amaras email? I only ended up giving her mine.

Thanks in advance

Desiree Walker

Sure thing Rob ----not sure if anyone has beat me to it! hope all is well!

Sam Carr

When putting up videos for critique is there a certain angle/way it should be filmed to make sure the important parts are visible or a certain format to follow that makes it as efficient and concise as possible?

Nic Branson

Hold onto that thought Sam. Will work on getting that information out in the future here. Very good question!

Cory Fair
Sam Carr said:

When putting up videos for critique is there a certain angle/way it should be filmed to make sure the important parts are visible or a certain format to follow that makes it as efficient and concise as possible?

You're welcome to either put it together now using your best judgement, or wait until Coach has specific suggestions. If there's an exercise that's not clear, the worst is that we'd ask you to film that one piece again at a different angle.

Tuckett

Hi guys,

I just attended the Canberra seminar but my notes are pretty rubbish. I noticed above that someone was emailing a scanned copy of notes. I was wondering if anyone could email me a copy? My email is paul.tuckett@gmail.com.

Cory Fair

Sam,

I spoke with Coach this morning. He would like the videos to be shot from a side angle as well as straight-on. So for a hollow hold, straight-on would be the camera looking from the head to the feet so the shoulders are clearly visible.

Craig

Paul,

I'll have my notes typed up soon. I'm working with Kit to make sure we have a complete set on Saturday, so I'll try and get them emailed to you next week.

Cheers,

Craig

Johann Wimmer

Hey Craig,

would you mind also sharing your notes with me? I have many open points in my notes from the Helsinki Seminar and I sure like to clear them up!

My email is: johann.wimmer@gmail.com

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

hi Johann,

what are your open points? maybe i can help you. i hope you are not referring at the moment when we were splitted in 2 groups!

Alex

Johann Wimmer

Hey Alex,

no, it doesn't have anything to do with the splitting of the group :) We just didn't cover some of the first PE's/iM.

Here is a list of all the things that I miss:

  • SL: The first PE's and accompanying iM elements
  • HBP: iM elements for the first PE's
  • RC: iM elements for the first PE's

I personally just need the exercises up to maybe PE4. As a beginner I will have to spend plenty of time with them :)

The new version of the program should be released pretty soon, so for the moment it's unnecessary (for me personally!) to have the complete structure, just the first steps would be nice :)

Johann

Alessandro Mainente

i've written that:

single legs squat:

-IM - knee circles

-PE roll back followed by squat

hbp i have the progression you have to follow in order to start the hbp and the mobility exercises to increase shoulders strength

push up - dips - hespu - hspu - pl push push up -hbp

for rc i've writter the pre reqs wich is 5x5 wide grip pullup (double shoulders) in L.

then for the RC there are 4 leves

-arm near the half of the other forearms

-arm at the elbow

-arm at the shoulder

-arm at the chest

this is what i have...if i don't have other things in my 28 pages of notes probabilty we didn't talk about them...

but i'm waiting also for the programs

Alex!

Tuckett

Thanks Craig for the response. I'll hear from you soon hopefully

Tuckett

Thanks Craig for the response. I'll hear from you soon hopefully

Johann Wimmer
alex87 said:
i've written that:

single legs squat:

-IM - knee circles

-PE roll back followed by squat

hbp i have the progression you have to follow in order to start the hbp and the mobility exercises to increase shoulders strength

push up - dips - hespu - hspu - pl push push up -hbp

for rc i've writter the pre reqs wich is 5x5 wide grip pullup (double shoulders) in L.

then for the RC there are 4 leves

-arm near the half of the other forearms

-arm at the elbow

-arm at the shoulder

-arm at the chest

this is what i have...if i don't have other things in my 28 pages of notes probabilty we didn't talk about them...

but i'm waiting also for the programs

Alex!

Hello Alex,

 

thanks for your reply! I got the PE for Single Leg Squat, I need the progressions for the Side Lever :)

 

But considering the full program will be available this month, I think I can wait for it to have the full, definitive answer.

Alessandro Mainente

yeah sorry...SL = side lever...