This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Conditioning log 2008

Started by methodman, February 11, 2008 · 16 Replies · 2,995 Views

methodman

Current weight:72,5kg

Current goals to get more maximum strength and get ripped.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

Warm-Up Set 17,5kg * 8

4sets * 8 sets 20kg

Skull Crushes

4sets * 8

Static holds of Ls and Vs for at about 10 seconds. I didn't perform them well, I wasn't concentrating but they weren't that hard. Although I know that I performe the second set of the V holds totally against the advice of coach sommer because I felt my lats were involved.

Next time when I perform them I will be more patient because I hopefully don't need to be hurried and I won't be hurried because it's very bad habit. The goal of current training program that I am doing is to build strength at some of the basic movement and build good foundation for harder practise to come.

methodman

I have injuried my thumb nothing serious but it didn't allow me to do my workout as I have planned.

Front Lunge Walking With Dumbbells

Warm-up set 15kg.

4sets of 8reps 20kg

Couldn't train my shoulders because I hurt my thumb.

I started the planche and front lever progression program.

Frog Stand

6sets total time 60sec

Tuck Front Lever

8sets total time 60sec

Static holds of Ls and Vs for at about 10 seconds one set of each.

methodman

I forgot to mention that I did yesterday one set of 10 assisted little narrower than shoulder grip chin-ups.

Good Mornings

Warm-Up 8reps @ 45kg

4sets of 8reps @ 65kg

Keystone Deadlift

Warm-up 8reps @ 50kg

3sets of 8 & one set of 6 It was beacause of bad focus so I just left it. @ 80kg.

Frog Stand

6sets total time 60sec

Tuck Front Lever

6sets total time 60sec

20 consecutive pull-ups in 2-3minutes not sure about the time.

I've wrote the information down of the planche and front lever sets the other way around of yesterday training. It's 8set for the frog stand not six.

methodman

I sparred for an hour so I was so tired that I barely trained in the gym today. I haven't sparred for 2years or even more. It went very well. I was super fast. I felt tight in the lower back and hamstring from yersterday training.

Bench press

warm-up set 45kg

2set of 8 1 set of 7 1 set of 5 @ 70kg

Static hold of L-seat for 10sec in the bar.

14 assisted chin-ups.

methodman

Today session took about 1,5hour.

Deadlift 2 warm-up set 50kg @ 8 & 100kg @ 4-5reps

3sets of 5reps @ 120kg

Tuck Front Lever

6sets of 10 seconds

Frog Stand

6sets of 10 seconds

Tucked L-Seat

3sets of 20seconds

8sets of 3 pull-ups

methodman

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

Warm-Up Set 8 @ 15kg

4sets * 8 sets @ 22,5kg

Skull Crushes

1 set of 8 of @ 30-32,5kg

2sets of 8 & 1 for 7 @ 27,5-30kg.

Static holds of Ls and Vs for at about 10 seconds one set of each.

Frog Stand

7sets over 60sec

Tuck Front Lever

5sets of over 60sec

methodman

Morning.

Side Lying Dumbbell Abduction to 45° on the floor

3sets of 15 @ 5kg

methodman

Front Lunge Walking With Dumbbells

Warm-Up 15kg

4sets of 8 @ 22,5kg

Partial seated dumbbell presses.

4sets of 8 @ 22,5

Fron shoulder raises.

4sets of 8 @ 10kg

5ses of 5reps pull-ups.

Tuck Front Lever

4sets of 15seconds

Frog Stand

4 sets of 15 seconds over sixty because I failed in one set to do it due concentration.

Static holds of Ls and Vs for at about 10 seconds one set of each.

methodman

Morning.

Side Lying Dumbbell Abduction to 45° on the floor

3sets of 15 @ 5kg

Evening

Good mornings

Warm-up 50kg for 8reps

4sets of 8 @ 70kg

Keystone Deadlift

Warm-up 8reps @ 50kg

4sets of 8 @ 80kg

Sparring 4 rounds of 3minutes.

Pull-Ups

5sets of 5 reps + 1set of 3 reps

methodman

Morning.

Side Lying Dumbbell Abduction to 45° on the floor

3sets of 15 @ 5kg

Evening

Bench press

warm-up set 45kg * 8 60kg * 6-8

1set of 8 1 set of 6 1 set of 2 @ 70kg

Dips 1set of 7reps + 3sets of 8reps

Pull-ups 3sets of 5reps

Static holds of Ls and Vs for at about 10 seconds one set of each.

Tuck Front Lever

4sets of 15seconds

methodman

Sparring for 4 rounds of 3minutes.

Squats

Warm-up 50*8 75*5

3sets of 5reps @ 105kg

2sets of 4reps @ 105kg

Side Lying Dumbbell Abduction to 45° on the floor

3sets of 15 @ 4kg

2sets of static L hold for 9 seconds.

1 set of V hold for 10 seconds.

Frog Stand

4 sets of 15 seconds overall time over sixty seconds because I failed in one set to lack of concentration.

Tuck Front Lever

4sets of 15seconds

methodman

Adductor flys 1set of 30reps.

Dynamic Stretching

Practised kicking using mostly southpaw stance and little bit rear leg side kick using orthodox style.

methodman

Side Lying Dumbbell Abduction to 45° on the floor

3sets of 15 @ 6kg Adding one kilo was very significant and it was heavy and very challenging. That is if I am even doing the right exercise.

Dumbbell Bench Press

Warm-Up set 15kg

25kg for 8reps 22,5 for 8 25kg for 7rep & 6reps

Skull Crucshers 3sets @ 32,5kg for 8reps

Practised southpaw left kick and knee and right knee.

Decline Sit-Up

20kg for sets first set for 12reps the others for 8reps.

Tuck Front Lever

3sets of 20sec total time 60

Frog Stand

3sets and two failed sets because of not focusing enough.

total times of 85-90seconds but still got three sets of 20sec rep.

Chin-ups

5.5.5.4.4.4.4.5 Total Reps = 36 With so little rest and didn't try as hard as I can because I was already so tired of training. My training took way too long. I talk too much on the gym.

methodman

Side Lying Dumbbell Abduction to 45°

1set @ 6 for 15reps 1set @ 6 for 10reps 2sets @ 4kg for 15reps.

Front Lunge Walking With Dumbbells

Warm-Up 8reps @ 15kg

4sets @ 22,5 for 8reps

Partial Seated Dumbbell Presses

Warm-Up 8reps @ 15kg

4sets @ 22,5 for 8reps

Tuck Front Lever

3sets of 20sec total time 60

methodman

Bent Legged Good-Mornings

Warm-up 8reps @ 45kg

4sets of 8 reps @ 60kg

Keystone Deadlifts

Warm-Up 8reps @ 60kg

1 set of 8reps @ 80kg 3reps of 8reps @ 85kg

Chin-Ups

6sets of 5reps.

methodman

Bench Press

Warm up 8reps @ 40

4sets of 8reps @ 70kg

I sparred for very long time. I overdid my sparring and my martial training today.

Weighted Dips

1set of 15kg for 6reps

1set of 15kg for 5rep

methodman

Sparring with a freaking big and powerful guy for an hour. My Ankle is hyrting me.