Stiffness in right arm, beginner HS

Started by J Kwao, September 12, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,155 Views

J Kwao

Hi

A few months back I'd started working on basic stomach to wall HS and managed a few seconds and slowly built from there.

After a few weeks I noticed my right arm felt stiff, especially the wrist felt really tight and doing tucked planches was difficult.

The left wrist was fine and the ROM was consistent but the right wrist ROM had decreased. In addition to the tight wrist the right shoulder did feel tighter despite me trying to stretch it out. My left is totally fine.

I recall a thread possibly by Cole Dano where he gave instructions on a few simple exercises to help with stiffness in the wrist mentioning that this can be the result of a shoulder issue. I've tried searching for the thread but had no joy.

What exercises would help to loosen up the right side?

Thanks :)

Nic Branson

c2w1PeSR8G4

Coaches basic wrist series. Go slow and see how everything feels. In the Coaches forum topic you will also find wrist push ups. Make sure these make it into your routine. Nice slow and controlled. Start easy do not over do things.

Larry Roseman

I've had some mild strains from doing handstand work with similar feelings - can't say that it is your situation,

however I used ice and heat and within a few days they resolved.

If it tight because you might have strained something, it is tightening up to protect itself so to say.

If so, stretching it out right away might not be desirable.

Ian Legrow

You definintely want to do joint prep and go into it slowly. Handstands are my prsonal favorite, but if you get wrist pain its a pain in the ass to get rid of. The video NIc posted is Gold

FREDERIC DUPONT
Ian Legrow said:
(...) wrist pain its a pain in the ass (...)

:shock: Not sure I want to know all the details about what you are doing here.... :lol:

J Kwao

Thanks, will follow the video.