Any fans of Russian gymnast Anna Pavlova?

Started by tcorgat, September 11, 2012 · 5 Replies · 3,012 Views

tcorgat

She'e my favourite female gymnast of my time. I find her extremely gracious and elegant, but really unlucky and underscored. Here are some clips from the 2004 Olympics:

Floor 4ykSzcc-aJI

Balance Beam FfMFG2DFfyw

igalk474

yeah, she was great gymnast at that time, from what i remember

also nastia liukin

usa & russian women gymnasts are usually pretty good

FdhpKLj_-CE

i liked the 2000 , 2004 , 2008 olympics

great times, good competition

tcorgat

igalk, that was a beauty to watch. Such great performances.

Sailor Venus

That Anna is flawless, from just watching both videos. I find it breath taking. I wonder why she's not in this year's olympic, did she retire or the Russian gymnastic team don't want her anymore?

My favourite Russian gymnast is ALIYA MUSTAFINA!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

tcorgat

She's not retired, she did participate in june for the Russian 2012 Cup. She won the gold for the Vault competition. However I don't know why she was not at the London Olympics.

Mustafina is great too, I also like the young Komova. I tell you, I always liked Russian gymnasts more than the USA & Chinese ones.

tcorgat

Here is the unlucky Anna from the 2008 Beijing vault competition:

p1Jf4T3RPZQ

For the second vault Anna started running before the green light went on, causing the judges to award her a zero?!