GOT MY FIRST MUSCLE UP! What worked for me.

Started by Vinni Williams, September 9, 2012 · 6 Replies · 2,871 Views

Vinni Williams

Hey everyone, this is my first post on gymnastic bodies. I have been following gymnastic bodies for about a year now and working with the exercises since November. I have had a lot of trouble trying to perform a muscle up in the past. I read everything i could find online on how to train for one, but i still could not get it. Until... i bought a climbing rope three weeks ago. I have been training on it 3 times a week. I got my first muscle up today VERY unexpectedly seeing as how I have not practiced my previous muscle up training for weeks. I hope other people who are having trouble with the muscle up read this and find it helpful. I can wait to see what doors this opens up in my training!

Ian Legrow

Great! do you have a video?

Randeep Walia

Wow- I started training in November myself and still feel like I have a long ways to go :(

There is a rope at the gym I work out at so I will incorporate that into my workouts more for sure. Thanks for the tip.

Patrick Van de Glind

Awesome!

Could you share with us, what exactly you did in the rope for 3 weeks?

Are we talking bent arm / straight arm, 1 arm / 2 arm, legs yes/no?

Thanks!

haui

For me the best way was to do pullups and russian dips

Ian Legrow

russian dips, and negative muscle ups was a good way for me to go

Vinni Williams

For my rope training I performed about 5 sets three times a week. To perform 1 set I climbed the rope with only my arms about 10 feet high. Then I slowly lowered myself down to the ground. My starting position was sitting on the ground.